Providers: Mayank Gupta M.D., Mahoua Ray M.D., Twinkal Dalal M.D., Nicole Walton A.P.R.N.
Acute and Chronic pain management is a subspecialty beyond the use of pain medications. We believe in multimodal pain management approach which includes different groups of medications, physical therapy, nerve block or bed side pain relief procedures, alternative medicine, pain psychotherapy etc.
Medications management includes anti- inflammatory, opioid analgesics, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, local anesthetics and topical analgesics.
We do utilize Fluoroscopy or ultrasound for most of the procedure for correct needle placement and to avoid complications.
Most of the Pain procedures are performed under Fluoroscopy in an outpatient setting.
- Occipital nerve block, Botox for chronic migraine, occipital nerve stimulation
- Sphenopalatine nerve block, Trigger point injections, Botox for cervical dystonia
- Shoulder, knee, hip and other joint injections- Osteoarthritis and other painful joint conditions
- Brachial plexus block, Femoral/sciatic/popliteal nerve block, Transversus Abdominis Planus blocks
- Intercostal nerve block
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar epidural steroid epidurals
- Kyphoplasty for acute compression fractures
- Fluoroscopic guided spine interventions such as Trans-foraminal epidural for Lumbar radiculopathy and Radiofrequency Ablation for Spondylosis.
- Adductor canal block for knee replacement/knee pain. Pts can ambulate with this block
- Ketamine or lidocaine infusions for intractable neuropathic pain.
- Stellate Ganglion and Lumbar sympathetic nerve block for Complex regional pain syndrome
- Spinal Cord stimulation for failed back surgery syndrome and Arachnoiditis
- Intrathecal pump and RF Tumor ablation for Cancer patients
- Trigeminal nerve block and Gasserian ganglion radiofrequency for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Sacro-iliac joint injection and Simplicity probe/RFA for Sacro-iliac pain.
- Platelet rich plasma injections
- Vertebro-Sacroplasty for acute sacral fractures
- Radiofrequency of knee joints.